SEOR Dept., MS4A6
4400 University Drive
- Ph.D., University of Colorado, 1976
- M.A.,University of Colorado, 1973
- B.A., Florida State University, 1971
Judgment and decision processes, decision support systems,
human-computer interaction, and system evaluation
- Adelman, L., & Riedel, S.L (1997). Handbook for Evaluating
Knowledge-Based Systems: Conceptual Framework and Compendium of Methods.
Norwell, MA: Kluwer Academic.
- Andriole, S.J., & Adelman, L. (1995). Cognitive Systems
Engineering for User-Computer Interface Design, Prototyping, and Evaluation.
Hillsdale, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates
- Adelman, L. (1992). Evaluating Decision Support and Expert
Systems. New York: Wiley.
- Selected Articles
- Adelman, L. (2013). Evaluation: Does the cognitive engineering effort do what it was envisioned to do? In J.D. Lee and A. Kirlick (Eds.), The Oxford Handbook of Cognitive Engineering. Oxford, England: Oxford University Press. pp.315-326.
- Lehner, P.E., Michelson, A., Adelman, L., & Goodman, A. (2012). Using inferred probabilities to measure the accuracy of imprecise forecasts. Judgment and Decision Making, 7(6), 728-740.
- Lehner, P.E., Adelman, L., DiStasio, R.J., Erie, M.C., Mittel, J.S., & Olson, S.L. (2009). Confirmation bias in the analysis of remote sensing data. IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics -–Part A: Systems and Humans 39(1), 218-226.
- Keltz, I.K., and Adelman, L. (2008). Testing information order effects in a long series of evidence. Engineering Management Journal 20(2), 22-29.
- Lehner, P.E., Adelman, L., Cheikes, B.A., & Brown, M. (2008). Confirmation bias in complex analyses. IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics -–Part A: Systems and Humans, 38(3), 584-592.
- Klein, G. L., Adelman, L., Kott, A. (2008). Enabling Collaboration: realizing the collaborative potential of network-enabled command. In Battle of Cognition: The Future of Information-Rich Warfare and the Mind of the Commander (Alexander Kott, Ed.), Greenwood Publishing Group, Westport, CT, pp. 167-193.
- Professional Awards
- Elected Senior Member of IEEE
- Research grants: U.S. Air Force Office
of Scientific Research, U. S. Army Research Institute, and National Science